Another new Racquet From Wilson: The BURN FST
The US Open always brings out all sorts of new gear: clothing, shoes, and racquets. Wilson tennis rolled out new items in all three categories announcing the ProStaff 97S tennis racquet, the GLIDE shoe, Kaos shoe, Fall 2015 apparel and the BURN FST, the newest in the BURN series of tennis racquets. Today we’re taking a look at the the FST (Fast Swing Technology).
Built for aggressive baseliners and big hitters that are looking for the fastest racquet possible, the BURN FST delivers a powerful and explosive punch.
As one of the only racquets available today optimized for the modern two-handed backhand, players will enjoy a customized feel that compliments their grip style and game. This is a racquet for the hungry, aggressive player, who wants to not only reign in their shots, but their competition as well.
Grigor Dimitrov was on hand for the recent equipment announcement in New York. He will be playing with the new ProStaff 97S but talked about how critical racquet subtleties are to his game.
“My racquet is part of me…It gives me great confidence.” – Grigor Dimitrov
BURN FST Details:
Headsize: 99sq. in.
Unstrung weight: 310 g. or 10.9 oz.
String Pattern: 18 x 19
• FST OCTAGON FRAME GEOMETRY allows air to flow around the frame and cuts through the air at any angle of attack for fast racket head speed.
• PATENT-PENDING X2 ERGO HANDLE allows for an optimal, personalized feel on two-handed backhands. Wilson Labs developed a customized and ergonomic handle shape to provide the ideal form for the top hand for the modern two-handed backhand. This allows players more power, versatility, leverage, and feel.
• HIGH PERFORMANCE CARBON FIBER offers increased frame stiffness for aggressive, explosive power.
• RACKET THROAT FEATURES TEXTURED FEEL on key touch points to provide additional feel for extreme grip changes.
• PATENTED SPIN EFFECT TECHNOLOGY (on the BURN FST 99S only) delivers increased spin, without players needing to change their swing.
• STEALTHY, SLEEK GRAPHICS with racing stripes highlight the edges of this racket’s unique frame geometry.
The BURN FST will be available at retail January 15, 2016.
Sign up for Tennis Identity’s weekly email and you’ll never miss a ball!