Roger Federer Signs Eight Limited Edition Wilson Racquets To Be Auctioned For His Foundation
Wilson has joined with Nike in celebrating Roger Federer’s 8th Wimbledon title.
Tonight at the Wimbledon Champion’s Dinner, Federer signed eight of these gleaming white Historic Limited Edition Pro Staff RF97 racquets. (Totally cool look- should his regular model be all-white, too?) You may recall Wilson did something similar after the Australian Open.
As soon as we learn more, so will you! (Hint: be prepared to spend a lot.)
UPDATE #2 07/21: All eight are gone- sold out in three hours, we’re told. We’ll just have to hope Wilson has something ready for the U.S. Open!
• Limit one per customer!
• Please allow 4 weeks for shipping
• This limited edition design features a pure white matte velvet paint with a gloss finish on the inside of the racquet hoop and throat
• Only 8 racquets have been made; each racquet is numbered (1 through 8)
• All racquets are grip size 3
• Details of Roger’s accomplishments highlighted in purple and green
• Specially designed “8” logo which is an image of Roger Federer’s face (above)
• Years Roger has won his 8 Wimbledon Titles are listed
• Roger Federer’s signature in silver
• Matching white and silver grommet medallions; white and sliver “W” butt cap
• Comes with Roger Federer signed certificate of authenticity as well as a photo of Roger signing the racquet
• 8th Wimbledon poster included
• Comes in a white box with the “8” logo which features an image of Roger Federer’s face
• Roger will drive to your house, personally deliver the racquet, and then spend the weekend taking selfies with your family and eating your cookies. (OK, not this last part.)
According to Wilson, these frames feature “a pure white matte paint with a gloss finish on the inside of the racket hoop and throat, which highlights the details surrounding this remarkable accomplishment…a specially designed “8” logo featuring an image of Federer’s face…his signature in silver…and matching white and silver grommet medallions, as well as a white and sliver ‘W’ butt cap.”